For Visa purposes, students will come to Cyprus under the relevant Intercollege Bachelor Degree. Please submit all documents as requested in the information below.
Residence Card for EU students
a) Passport or ID. Please note that EU citizens may travel freely to Cyprus but are required to submit an Application for Issue of Residence Permit to the Migration Department within four (4) months of their date of entry into the Republic of Cyprus. The Student Affairs Office will assist with this procedure.
b) EU students are obliged by the Migration Department regulations to have health insurance coverage or alternatively the EU Hospitalisation Card.
Entry Permit for Non-EU Students
All non-EU students, who apply to Intercollege, require a visa to enter Cyprus. Provided that all the required documents and payments have been received, the Cyprus Maritime Academy will submit the student’s documents to the Migration Authorities and Ministry of Education for further approval. Once the visa application is approved, the visa will be issued in Cyprus and the student will be informed accordingly. A copy of the visa will be sent to the student as this will be required for the student to travel.
Following the above and after a Conditional Acceptance Letter is issued, we will guide you on how to submit the following to the International Office:
- €55 Application Fee (application will not be processed without this non-refundable fee)
- €86 Student Visa Fee (visa application will not be processed without this non-refundable fee)
- Original attested copy of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheets
- Original attested passport copy (valid for at least two years from the start of the semester to be enrolled)
- Original attested Police Clearance Certificate (6 months validity period)
- Original attested bank letter (6 months validity period) stating that the student’s sponsor has the financial ability to support his/her living, tuition and repatriation expenses. Sponsor may only be Father/Mother/ Self. In case of another Sponsor, please supply a Court Affidavit. The letter must also clearly state the relationship between Sponsor and student
- Original attested bank statement (1 month validity) which clearly shows the minimum amount of €7,000 in the sponsor’s account
- Original attested blood test results for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C (4 months validity)
- Original attested chest X-ray report for Tuberculosis (4 months validity)
- A deposit of €3000 to Intercollege towards the partial payment of Tuition Fees
Attestation of Documents
Students are required to have the aforementioned documents attested by the appropriate/relevant authorities in their home country. The attestation process differs between countries who have signed the Hague Convention of 1961 (Apostille) and those who have not. Please contact the International Office for instructions on how to attest documents in your country.
Attested documents must be in English. In cases where a translation is necessary, this must be done by an approved translator and attested by the relevant authorities in the applicant’s country.
Duly attested documents for visa applications should be scanned and sent to the International Office’s email (email@example.com) for approval and further instructions.
All non-EU students are obliged by Migration Department regulations to have health insurance coverage. This medical insurance must be renewed with each annual registration.