High School Leaving Certificate
- BSc in Nautical Science – must hold a High School Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification with an average grade of 15 out of 20 or its equivalent. A concentration in Mathematics and/or Physics is preferred. Applicants are required to possess a minimum of 75% in Mathematics or successfully pass a placement test in Mathematics.
- Diploma – Class ‘C’ Marine Engineer – must hold a High School Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification with an average grade of 12 out of 20 or its equivalent. A concentration in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry is preferred.
In addition to a strong academic record, the applicant’s involvement in extracurricular activities, leadership skills and other relevant background information will be taken into account.
Cadets should present at least one of the following certificates:
· IELTS certificate with a minimum score of 5.0
· TOEFL with a minimum score of 500
· IGCSE/GCE English Language “O” Level at grade “C” or above
· Cambridge First Certificate in English at grade B or above
· Cambridge Proficiency Test at grade C or above
· Successful examination at the level ENGL-100, English Placement Test of Intercollege
Interview with the Academy
Applicants who fulfill the admissions criteria must attend an interview with the Academy (in person or on-line). Successful applicants will receive a conditional acceptance bounded on the fulfillment of the requirements described below.
Successful applicants must submit to the Academy the following Certificates in order to proceed with the issuing of an unconditional acceptance letter:
· Medical Fitness Certificate for Service at Sea (based on the Regulation STCW I/9) from a doctor/medical center/ hospital approved by the Department of Merchant Shipping in Cyprus, or the relevant authority in your country of origin
· Valid Clear Criminal Record Certificate
Additionally, applicants are required to submit to the Academy the following:
· 2 recent Passport size Photos
· Copy of ID