CyMA aims in providing the best knowledge and skills to all cadets registered under its programs of competency.
Cyprus is one of the largest ship-management centers in Europe and worldwide. More than 200 ship-owing, ship – managing and shipping – related companies are based in Cyprus providing excellent growth prospects and business opportunities in the shipping sector. The continuing growth of the shipping sector resulted to the need of specialized staff, with proper academic and technical skills, ready to take over the challenging positions within the Maritime industry.
The Cyprus Maritime Academy in collaboration with Intercollege and under the auspices of the University of Nicosia, offers Maritime programs designed to provide the necessary academic knowledge, professional skills and competences to Deck and Engine Officers who wish to pursue a career on merchant marine ships.
The aim of the Nautical Science program and the Diploma – Class ‘C’ Marine Engineer is the proper training of Deck and Engine Officers accordingly, in order for them to acquire key positions on merchant marine ships. The training provided is in accordance with the standards of the United Nations International Maritime Organization (IMO) and it is in full compliance with the provisions set out by the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch-keeping for Seafarers (STCW).
By joining CyMA , cadets are able to:
- Acquire Certificates of Competence in accordance with the STCW Convention of the Cyprus Shipping Deputy Ministry
- Acquire a Bachelor of Science Degree from Intercollege accredited by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (CYQAA)
- Acquire Professional Certificates in Basic Safety, Security Awareness, GMDSS, Advance Firefighting, Medical First Aid and Survival Craft
- Receive remunerated 12-month on board practical placement
- Train in Academic environment directly linked with the Cyprus Shipping sector
- Train according to STCW and IMO standards
- Train in State-of-the Art facilities